3/06/2017

Logan

 

Maybe a  few #spoilers here, I’ll try to keep them minimal if any.  Logan, I’m kind of still kinda of trying to process.  After watching it, and thinking about it some I think that this movie has to mark the end of what Fox created back in 2000 and then everything else with X2, X3, the spinoffs and the New Class trilogy.  This story should be the end of it.  Either give it all to Marvel or you have a new blackboard going on in the X-Verse with Deadpool being the start of that.  

Jackman is great as Wolverine and it’s the violent bezerker rage Wolverine we should have got years ago, maybe in X3 and all the other spinoffs.  There’s no real explanation of too why his powers are lowering till the end kind.  Unless you read a bit before going they need to I think more about that, maybe a line or two in the beginning.  Patrick Stewart returning in his role as Charles was decent and a nice end to his run as Charles in this story arch.  Laura/X23 was ok, but I would have maybe liked the roll better if she was a little older, say the Rogue age from X1.  Just as a younger kid, I didn’t like.  The villains were different than really any other X-Flick.  Which is ok, with this story they were trying to make it more emotional action than I think a big CGI flick.  It would have maybe been better I think if they could have expanded a lil more if they could have on them.  There were also a few minor little scenes that slowed it down in my opinion and could have been axed but the way they were used they were wrapped up pretty quick.  

Wolverine to me, his nemesis is always Sabretooth, and we saw that in Origins, which was wiped out with the Days of Future Past flick, but would have loved to see it end with a battle with Sabretooth and roll of into the sunset there.  That complaint/critique and the villains is my biggest disappointment here.  The ending, which I didn’t think they’d go that way, was pretty prefect and a sendoff for Hugh Jackman’s incarnation of Wolverine.  He put his stamp on the roll and the ending scene is where I think you get the end of this universe as it is.   

This isn’t a Marvel Cinematic flick, like Dr Strange or Civil War but it’s  one of the Better X films from Fox.
Logan
6/10 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment