How I Met Your Mother has been one of the two tv shows on in the last 7-9 years that I've watched religously and its in my top 5 series of all time. After Monday's finale, I've heard good and bad on the net, via text and in conversation about the How I Met Your Mother ended.
We all knew how Lilly and Marshall were going to end up with all the fast forwards through out the 9 seasons with Marshall being a judge and so forth.
*** SPOILERS MAYBE LISTED BELOW***
I didn't see the curve of Robin and Barney getting divorced but I'm not at all surprised by it based on the strenght of their personalites that were built through the seasons. I am shocked though that the whole build up of Season 9 was built around their wedding or at their wedding and to do that in the finale after this season, that did shock me.
I really liked how Barney's story arc ended. Him having a daughter is the only thing that could slow him down from his life style.
I had a feeling that the "Mother" may die in the end, no shock there, but when Ted and the Mother interacted at the Farhampton train stop under the umbrella when the actually met. That is where we should have gone to the kids and said, "and that is how I met your mother". Perfect, end of story.
As those of us though that have seen the finale, do we really need more Ted and Robin where we were given that to start, then end it and back again?
But the story is over, the show is done. With the zoom into the future I'm guessing we won't have a reunion show. So with that, my top 5 HIMYM moments/episodes.
1. Ted/Tracy (mother) met - Like I said this is perfect interaction between the two. Close screen there. Perfect.
2. Marshall's dad dies - The show went serious here. Marshall's dad was/is his best friend. This scene shows it.
3. Robin Sparkles - Wanna go to the mall?
4. Barney's Love of his Life - Perfect ending for Barney as mentioned above.
5. The Super Bowl - As much as the show was how about Ted met the mother of his kids, this was HIMYM was basically Cheers, Seinfeld or Friends...it was about friends and being together and enjoying life with those closest to you. The Super Bowl episode showed it.
The gang misses the Super Bowl and plan to DVR it and void being spoiled and watch it together Monday afterwards. They all find out what happened. But ultimately? It didn’t really matter. “I don’t remember who won. Hell, I don’t even remember who played. What I do remember is that we drank beer, we ate wings and we watched the Super Bowl together,” says Ted, the narrator, in a voiceover at the end of the episode. “Because sometimes, even if you know how something’s gonna end, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the ride.”