7/27/2021

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes GI Joe Origins, well this could have been more aptly called Storm Shadow Cobra Origins as it felt at times the film's focus was more on him and Snake Eyes was there to help further it along.

There are twists and turns that also made you do a double think of what is going on with Snake Eyes, this isn't what we've seen in the cartoon or the previous films. Now that isn't an issue but it was a shock.  And maybe somewhere in the lore of the comics there is something like this  but I haven't heard it being a GI Joe fan the past 38 years.

The action at first seemed very shaky in the way it was shot and I can agree with what John Campea said on that.  I felt it got better in the rest of the flick.

The story had some sci-fi into it but also made me think of one of the better cartoons story lines.  And I really liked the Cobra/GI Joe stuff thrown in there too.  I liked the Baroness and Scarlett.  

I really hope that in the world we are living, they give a green light to a GI Joe flick after this, GI Joe SHOULD work in the world of film we live in and it shocks me that we haven't got a good universal story.  But this was a rough start to it.  It was better though than GI Joe Retaliation.

5/10 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment