8/07/2016

Suicide Squad

 

Friday, I hit the anti hero flick Suicide Squad, DC's bad guy team up flick to try and build into their cinematic universe.  Earlier in the year they gave us Batman v Superman which was a dud, so I'm hoping this was going to break the curse.  Critics lately have ripped it pretty well and I'm not sure if they have BvS hangover or what, but it wasn't as bad as was graded. 

I tried to go into this flick with an open mind after the mess of BvS and also clear eyes on Jared Leto's Joker compared to Heath Ledger's take on the character.  And I thought they did a lot of good things.  The film focused more on Deadshot, Harley Quinn, the Joker and Amanda Waller.   Which they were played by the bigger stars, so I think that's why the focus went there.  Both Margot Robbie and Will Smith nailed their characters and I'm sure we will see more of them in a Batman spin off, and Viola Davis will have a role in the DC universe to come. 

I really wish we could have seen more of Katana and Killer Croc and really liked Diablo and how they really gave his backstory.  Leto's Joker really had some good moments BUT he's not Ledger.  It was almost a mix between Ledger's Joker and Nicholson's Joker. 

Overall the film didn't flow great, thought it was really choppy, but its filled with some really great action and some good one liners.  They had some snip-its from trailers that didn't make the flick which I think was an editing mistake, and it nailed the mid-scene credit.  Overall not terrible, not great, its DC. 

6/10 Stars #werethebadguys

No comments:

Post a Comment