9/10/2020

2020 Week 1 Big XII Picks

If you followed my twitter feed in the past, or way before that my posts on my old blog Wide Right, I am a Big Ten fan.  I follow it the most, I bet on it, and usually have conference only pick'ems for it on Yahoo Fantasy or CBS Fantasy.  With the Big Ten being on the sidelines, as of now, I'll be focusing on the Big XII.  I usually follow them the second after the B1G, and have conference only pick'em for them also.  Here are my picks for this week for Week 1.

Game of the Week
11 AM - ESPN - Line ISU (-11.5)

Louisiana is a favorite to win the SunBelt conference; Iowa State is a dark horse to make it to the Big XII title game and is a Top 25 team (Top 10 for Tim Brando).  Iowa State has a history of starting slow out of the gates and had trouble with UNI last year in its opener.  They can't take the Cajun's lightly here.  With only family, and cheer squad and band in the stands the atmosphere won't be raucous as it usually is in Jack Trice.  I think you see Louisiana come out swinging here and take a lead maybe up to 10 points but I don't think Brock Purdy lets the Clones lose.  
PICK : Iowa State 34-21

BIG XII Weekly Picks

Like most opening weeks, going straight chalk.  From experience in the past something always happens and there is a slip up.  Enjoy the first week of big time college football COVID-19 style.


1 comment:

  1. Baylor - La Tech is now postponed.

    https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29841272/baylor-opener-postponed-covid-19-outbreak-hits-louisiana-tech

    ReplyDelete