9/04/2020

Lasting Image : Chadwick Boseman

A week ago news broke that Chadwick Boseman passed away at the age of 42 after a private 4 year battle with colon cancer.  During that time he filmed 3 BILLION dollar flicks in Black Panther, Infinity War and End Game.  Black Panther became a sensation and revelation in Hollywood.  He also filmed 21 Bridges, Da 5 Bridges and Marshall while sick.  

Black Panther is his HUGE role, and he was one of my favorites in Captain America : Civil War.  I still copy one of his lines in Civil War, the first time he meets Clint in the airport battle scene.  I loved the world that was created in Wakanda for Black Panther.  He will certainly be missed in the MCU and it will be interesting how Marvel handles this.  

BUT my lasting image of Chadwick is in 42 as Jackie Robinson.  This was my first impression of him on the big screen and I thought he embodied Jackie and nailed it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment