9/24/2020

Alex Gordon

I've talked about this before of my disconnect from baseball as a fan after the heartbreak of 2008 with the Cubs losing back to back first round series after being the best team in baseball.  They struggled for 6 years, and were taken off my local cable package.  Outside of the Sunday Night 

Baseball appearances I didn't seek them out till daily till about 2014.  Yea I know, bad fan.
In the mean time what was on my cable package was Fox Sports KC.  That allowed me to watch this young and up and coming fun team of the Royals.  Watching this crew brought my love of baseball back.  I would seek them out nightly as I could on the TV.  I would drive down once or twice a year to The K and get tickets and watch them, and even got my dad to go to one of their games. (yes it was vs the Yankees).  They had a great young core, a helluva bullpen and a few veterans placed in there.  One was a Forever Royal, Alex Gordon.  

Alex was a solid batter, but an amazing defender!  He put his body into walls, thrown into the fans.  Made him a blast to watch.  I was so happy that they won 2 AL Pennants in a row and the 2015 World Series as a capper for his career.  They've taken a bit of a downturn with the rebuild and probably was a good time to ride off into the sunset.

Thanks Alex for making baseball fun again for this fan!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment