10/29/2012

Garwin Rankings & More

Big Weekend in college football.  Notre Dame is back.  Florida gets knocked from the unbeatens AND KState keeps rolling.  This week all we get is a Bama-LSU slobber knocker.

This week I’m going to combine My Top 7 along with the Garwin Rankings and GR Conf Strength Post, so here we go.

I’m a big fan of this KState team.  I think they can and will run the table and have overall had more impressive wins than Oregon and Notre Dame to date, BUT I think that the only team that will be able to hang with Bama (who is on cruise control) is Oregon.  I don’t think KState or ND’s offense could do much vs the Tide where as Oregon I’d be curious to see.  Oregon’s slate gets tougher coming up with Stanford, Cal, USC, Oregon State and a possible USC rematch.  The Irish also have a date with USC so the Trojans get a chance to play spoiler in the next few weeks. I think the SEC is lurking with teams waiting to jump on Bama (LSU, UGA) but Bama should roll them and make it to Miami.


This week in the Garwin Rankings.  Bama holds on to the top spot with a  sizeable margin over #2 K-State.  Oregon dropped from 2 to 4 after drubbing a BAD Colorado team, and are just barely behind the Fighting Irish.  Florida drops 3 to 7 after the loss to Georgia and hello Texas A&M and Louisville to the top 10.  Clemson also returns after improving to 7-1.


The Big XII is by far the strongest conference and the SEC is still second, both separating from the other conferences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment