2/20/2012

What's been happening

I haven't posted in a while so here are some nice little bullets of the past few weeks or so.


  • Saw the Descendants with S.  I thought it was a really good movie.  I still say that 50/50 is the best movie and Joseph Gordon Levitt was robbed of an Oscar nod but Clooney was really good in this, and more so the interactions with the daughters and their performances.  3.5/5 stars.
  • Addy was sick this last week with what was a little bronchitis.  It sucked having her sick.  Especially with her missing her Valentines party.  She still got them from her classmates but she missed the party.
  • On top of that I had a nice little trip to the ER.  I started experiencing chest pains and tightness Tuesday night at 930, went to bed and fell asleep.  I woke up about 90 minutes later with a lot of pain in my chest.  It felt like a boulder on my chest with a knife in my heart. I drove myself to the ER and go hooked up to an all the cords.  I got my first IV and had blood drawn, and had an EKG and then X-Rays.  Had some high blood pressure but everything else turned out ok.  It ended up being something muscular and skeletal.  I got some nice pain killers and something shot up my IV.  After 2 days off work I was ready to get back.
Happy 1 year old!
  • Saturday my youngest daughter Ryleigh, turned 1.  1!  Where the hell did the year go?  We had a previous outing with S's family at Hickory Park, unfortunately they couldn't make it Saturday at the Tavern.  So my family showed up there and we had a good time.  Ryleigh had a cupcake and seemed to have a good time.
  • At work Friday my supervisor had her last day.  She's been a great boss and got me 2 promotions.  That was a real nice surprise when I got that news.  Friday we had a going away thing at the Chicken Coop.  Had a good time there, and then Monday we had our new boss.  It will all go ok, but day 1 started out with my computer getting fried and spending 2 hours on the phone with the help desk.  Like I said it will get better!
That's about it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment