4/16/2012

Handful of Movies


Mr. Poppers Penguins – A kids flick that I when I saw the previews thought, “really Jim Carrey?” but watching it the kids loved it and it wasn’t as bad as I thought from the previews.  2.5 / 5 Stars
 
The Rum Diary – I had expectations for this film though I’ve never read the book but what the heck?  It seemed like a bunch of story arcs crammed in to a short movie, I didn’t really care for it.  1.5 / 5 Stars
 
In Time – Justin Timberlake as an action guy…um I’ll give him a pass.  The concept is interesting too, but I still don’t get how our arms become cyborgish and we transfer time by a hand shake.  2 / 5 Stars
 
Happy Feet Two – Really did this sequel have to be made?  This sequel felt forced too, and a money grab with the kids.  The first one was a really good flick.  This one I don’t think does the first one justice, and please don’t make a 3rd one.  That being said…the kids like it.  1 / 5 Stars
 
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy – Gary Oldman did really good and I can see why he was nominated but I’m still trying to figure it out.  It was slow at times and sometimes hard to follow.  It seemed like there were multiple times of silence too which when watching at night can make one sleepy.  I may have to watch it again.  2 / 5 Stars
 
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close – Really good and sad flick.  Shows a kid suffering to understand why his dad was taken away from him during the 9/11 attacks.  The kid should have been nominated for some awards he was really good in this as the movie focused a lot on him and less Bullock or Hanks.  In the end its good to finally see him smile.  3.5 / 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment