4/29/2011

Coed Softball - Night 1

Had our first and second games last night in the Indianola Coed Softball league.  Little handy tip, if you have softball game, make sure you know where your glove is before the game.  I ran to Wal-Mart to get  a special on a glove. 

The first game I was late for and didn’t get in.  My daughter had swim lessons and we have about 4 more guys this year so we didn’t do too much swapping.  We lost the first game by 1 run, a phantom run that ump said was there.  The next game we had vs. last year’s league runner-up.

We were the visitors and I lead off.  Got a single.  Next batter got out, but the guy after the girl moved me to 2nd.  Next up was Emmalee and she hit it to 3rd, the 3rd basemen didn’t go after me, I hit third and rounded home.  1-0 good guys.  Well that was it….we lost 16-1.  My next at bat I looped it in between 2nd and RCF, 2 girls, and thought I had it dropped in there, but then the RF(a guy) came swooping in and got it. 

Defensively I played SS and LF.  At SS I had 3 pop ups and got them all.  Had a few that I ran over in to RF, maybe a little faster I get them.  In Left Field, a girl came up.  She corked one pretty good, I made the mistake of taking the first step forward, and looked up and it was over my head.  I then got running back and eyed the ball into my glove with a diving catch.  Had a few others I could have dove for but was just a hair away.  Those upset me more than the joy of the diving catch.

After a beer and brat headed home.  Love the originals from last year, we got some newbies I’m sure that will blend in well too.

2011 Batting Stats.


1
2
1
0
0
0
1
0
0
0
0.500
0.500
0.500

H
AB
1b
2b
3b
HR
R
RBI
BB
K
AVG
SLUG
OPS
Game 2
1
2
1
0
0
0
1
0
0
0
0.500
0.500
0.500

No comments:

Post a Comment