2/15/2011

Little Debbie is a Bitch!

So it’s February 15th (Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad) and its almost 50 degrees out.  Last year this time is about when I started my diet and working out.  My goal, to get to 180-190 pds.  I hit it.  I was in great shape for me.  I was running and lifting and playing softball.  Felt great.  Getting up at 445 to get to the Y to work out 3-4 days a week.  My diet was no pop, lots of water.  Lemonade or a beer at home.  I had a set breakfast and snack.  Lots of fruit and lunch was salad and cottage cheese every day.  NO FAST FOOD.  At night I didn’t eat any junk and didn’t eat after 7pm.  I had a goal of running the 5k at Dam to Dam and to look good at my cousins wedding.  I didn’t really want to look like a penguin.  An actual penguin.  The transformation was great.  I felt better, thought I looked better.  My temperament and stress levels and handling were better. 

Working out I felt less stress on myself.  I got less headaches, and I didn’t get as sick.  I could wake up and not feel 100%, go work out and then come home and shower and I felt like a whole new person.  Then fall and football and holidays hit.  Damn you Little Debbie Christmas trees!  And then add in my mom and wife’s baking and cooking, and not getting to the Y and my bum knee.  And then come now I put on 10-15 pds of the 40 I lost. 

So today with 3 days till my new daughter is born, I’m recommitting again.  I have a 15 year class reunion the day of dam to dam this year, so no go on that.  But I want to play softball again, or some.  I have the healthy active life style I still want to show my children.  This year my son can be in Bam Bam, my daughter is going to be doing things such as dance and she wants to do soccer again.  I want to keep them busy and active (and wear them out :P).

So here we go, I’m going to get the diet going again.  I’m going to get to the Y again 3 to 4 days a week.  I’m going to get back to where I was.  I don’t think it will be easy, it was hard last time, it will be hard again this time too.  But I want to do it.  I don’t have as much to lose to get to my goal this time, but then again, I can always go further.  I still haven’t had a pop since Jan 22, 2010.  As much as I want to blame little debbie, it’s really all on the man in the mirror. 

So body, here I come.  I’m going Ivan Draggo on you!  Without the roids.  (I would say Rocky but he trained in a meat locker and ran up a Russian mountain)

No comments:

Post a Comment