To recap here we go.
First off, there are too many bowls. Cut 11 of them, down to 24.
The four BCS bowls will be a playoff.
· 6 conf champions – next 2 highest BCS rated teams.
o If a Non-AQ is in the top 4 they qualify (only take 1 max)
o If Notre Dame is in the top 8 they qualify.
§ So you could have a year that only 1 from each conf make it.
· The four bowls are played on Jan 1, semi final a week later, Champ on Monday Night that MLK Day is recognized.
· 6-6 teams aren't bowling. You don't get rewarded for losing as many games as winning. If Conferences don't fill out their bowl allotment, they chose from a pool of teams with at least 7 wins.
· Tie-ins can’t be jumped by record. The bowl takes that team in that spot, can’t choose a 3rd place team for 2nd place bowl.
· Conf Championship game losers are considered Team #2 from the conf.
My Bowls and tie ins are separated into 5 tiers.
Big Ten -3
Big Ten -2
|BIG TEN||SEC||BIG XII||PAC-12||BIG EAST||ACC|
|Ohio State||South Carolina||Nebraska||Arizona||West Virginia||Florida State|
|Michigan State||Arkansas||Oklahoma State||Kstate||Syracuse||NC State|
|Michigan||Alabama||Texas A&M||Notre Dame||Miami|
|Penn State||Mississippi St||Baylor|
|Elgible at large -|
|MT W||CUSA||MAC||WAC||SunBelt||CIC||At-large||7 wins||6 wins|
|Utah||Central Florida||Miami (Oh)||Boise St||Florida Intl||Navy||TCU||Tulsa 9-3||Illinois 6-6|
|Air Force||SMU||Northern Illinois||Nevada||Stanford||Hawaii 9-3||Troy 6-6|
|San Diego State||Southern Miss 8-4||Georgia 6-6|
|Tulsa||Ohio 8-4||Tennessee 6-6|
|Temple 8-4||Kentucky 6-6|
|Fresno State 7-4|
|Boston College 7-5|
|Texas Tech 7-5|
|Notre Dame 7-5|