3/16/2011

Gusto Pizza

Tonight when I got home, I knew we were having pizza, but didn't know if it would be homemade or somewhere else.  After viewing the Greater Des Moines Pizza Tournament bracket  I noticed there were a lot of places I haven't been, and if you know me, you know I prefer local restaurants compared to that of chain restaurants, so looking at this bracket I began to want to try some of these places.


At work today my boss tossed out a menu for Gusto Pizza, a restaurant in downtown Des Moines (and the #1 seed in one of the regions).  


My wife and I each ordered a 10" pizza.  I went with the West of Philly and Shawnna choose Soprano, and dang, I can see why they are a #1 seed.  Both were AMAZING.  The flavors on both of them were great.  I liked how there wasn't the over abundance of sauce, and the toppings were something different you don't see from the Pizza Huts or Papa John's of the world.  


I definitely recommend to anyone who is downtown Des Moines to try Gusto, you won't be disappointed.


Below is a description and picture of the pizzas:


West of Philly
Alfredo, mozzarella, marinated skirt steak, mild giardiniera relish, roasted red peppers and yellow onions



Soprano
Basil pesto, balsamic roasted chicken, roasted red peppers, marinated tomatoes, red onion, Asiago and mozzarella



Soprano on the left / West of Philly on the right

Gusto Pizza
1905 Ingersoll Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50311
(515) 244-8786




No comments:

Post a Comment