3/07/2011

Rango

Sunday I took the kids to see Rango, the new film starring Johnny Depp’s voice about a  lizard who becomes a cop in an old west town where water is like money.  I was hoping with a few of the shots in the trailer that it might be good.  It started off ok, and liked a few scenes later in the movie, but as a whole it just wasn’t that entertaining that I could hold me for 90 minutes or so.  Rattle Snake Jake also may haunt a few kids for a few nights after seeing it.  My daughter clenched to my arm every time he was on, and my son said he was outside his window last night.  The 4 animated movies from last year (Toy Story 3, How to Train a Dragon, MegaMind, Despicable Me) all blow this one out of the water.



1.5 Stars – Should be a Redbox or Netflix rental..highly disappointed in it.



Another thing that sucked was that my son spilled my drink all over, without anyone taking a drink, as soon as we sat down.  $5 bucks down the drain.  Overall a $30 trip to the movie with the 2 older kids.  Not too bad I guess with 3 of us, but I won’t be getting drinks again.  And probably not going to southridge many more time with kids.  Probably head to Indianola, may take 10 more minutes to get there but it’s less expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment