5/28/2011

Date Night

So last night Shawnna and I finally got our second date night since Ryleigh's been born.  Usually we want to get at least one a month with each other.  Mom came down and stayed with all 3 kids, they had grandma here so they had fun with artwork, or as Brayden called it, "his masterpiece."

We headed out to eat at the Flying Mango in Beaverdale.  It was a really cool little place.  You walk in and you see the chef cooking on the stove there.  Walking up from the back you can smell the grill going.  I looked at the menu a bit before and saw what they had, and I went with the Big Chop along with Southwestern Smashed potatoes and Cowboy beans, along with a Two Hearted Ale.  The chop came out and had a knife stuck in it and was about the size of a softball, and with the homemade bbq sauce it was DAMN GOOD!  We also shared a slice of Chocolate Malt Cake.  It was gone pretty quick.  Overall I liked the Flying Mango, the service was kind of slow and not very responsive, but the food was great.

Then headed to see Bridesmaids.  I've heard really good things about it, some saying it was the female version of the Hangover.  All I have to say is I laughed so hard that I had a headache and had tears later.  Kristen Wig as a lead was really solid and funny, so was Myra Rudolph, but I thought Melissa McCarthy stole the show.  She was fricken hilarious!  Probably in the lead now too for the Best Dudette on my Summer Movie Awards.   Really glad we went to see it over Hangover 2.  I give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

Afterwards we took the scenic route downtown, drove through downtown and saw what was going on and decided to go get a drink.  We headed to Mullets.  A cool restaurant/bar just on the other side of the river from Sec Taylor Stadium.  Heard from my buddy Quentin that it had good food, and it's owned by the same people who own El Bait Shop, so I figured they had Grainbelt!  Had a couple, Shawnna had a Monkey Tail to drink and we split some deep fried dill pickles.  After about an hour there we headed home and crashed!

It was one of the best date nights we've had since kids arrived in our life 6 years ago!  Had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment