5/08/2011

THOR

THOR
Friday afternoon I was able to go to see the newest Marvel movie, Thor, on opening day.  I got off early, was excited to get to a movie with out kids and by myself, just nice and relaxing.

As for the movie, I really enjoyed it as a movie in itself.  It's a fun diversion from the real hero setup that is in Iron Man.  I never really knew of Thor and his history.  To see how Marvel will intertwine the Hulk, Thor, IronMan and Captain America will be interesting.

Chris Hemsworth was excellent as the God of Thunder.  He had the size and strength to pull of Thor and he was great.  Anthony Hopkins was great as Odin, Thor's father.   We got to see more of Clark Gregg as Shield Agent Coulson as he was a supporting character rather than just a little blip on the radar in Iron Man.  I really liked Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and Dr Selvig (Stellan Skarsgard).  My one complaint on the casting is Natalie Portman (and I love her), but it seemed like she was trying to hard to fit in that role.  We also get introduced to another fellow SHIELD member Hawkeye in the film.

If you are going to the movie remember to stay for the secret scene after the credits!

3.5 Stars out of 5.  Was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment