9/14/2010

Guess who's 25!

Do you want a fire flower or mushrooms on your birthday cake?
 

Guess who turned 25?  No it’s not me.  Mario turned 25.  The mighty little plumber who I think most of us who grew up in the 80’s remember and probably spent (too) many hours trying to save the princess and take out Bowser.  Heck I’m 32 and I’m still trying to take down Bowser on the new Super Mario game for the Wii.
 
And for those gamers, is there a more important character in video game history?  Ok, time’s up.  Think of any?  Mario is in countless Nintendo titles and one of the best games ever in Mario Kart.  I’m sure that Nintendo didn’t think he’d become what he is, but Mario started the video game generation.  So if you game, the next time you turn on your XBOX 360 or PS3 or DS, say Happy Birthday Mario, because without him video games wouldn’t be what they are today with Halo and Call of Duty.  The PlumberMan came first!


No comments:

Post a Comment