9/22/2010

Movie Time

I don’t watch a lot of TV shows. I hate to invest that much time and have my life scheduled around TV shows and sitting down to watch them on DVR with kids and well with football! So I usually only watch a few and get into a few. How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory are the 2 shows I will make sure I watch. Sometimes NCIS or Criminal Minds but usually my shows are football. So the past few days I’ve watched movies! 3 of them actually. Well 2 last night and one Sunday afternoon.


So the 3 movies I watched were Killers, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, and the animated movie Batman: Under the Red Hood



Prince of Persia was a movie I wanted to see in the summer but just didn’t get too. It’s based off a video game ala Tomb Raider. According to Wikipedia it was seen as a box office disappointment but I really enjoyed it. I thought Jake Gyllenhaal did great as the Prince. I liked the story, I liked the action. I liked that some of the action shots and sequences were almost straight out of the video game. Similar movements. It was almost like Indiana Jones + Mummy + National Treasure. And Alfred Molina was great in it too! And the princess chick was smoking hot. I really enjoyed it, the action and everything. I hope that Disney looks at the DVD sales and makes another one. I felt it was better than some more hyped movies of the summer, say Iron Man 2. It deserves a sequel! 3 stars out of 5


Killers was a movie that I heard at work, and on the net that was a great funny movie. Fellow Hawkeye Ashton Kutcher is in it with Katherine Heigl (still trying to decide if I think she’s hot). The first 15-20 minutes were great. I liked the action, liked the introduction of characters, but the middle drug on slow and with no action. The last 30 minutes really made up for it. Tom Selleck I thought was the best in the movie. Really I didn’t think it was very funny, and glad it was only a dollar rental from Red Box. The funniest part of the movie too was at the end. Really. 2 stars out of 5.



And finally Batman: Under the Red Hood. The best movie I thought of the 3 I saw these past few days. I like that we can still have great Batman stories without it having to be live action. Though Dark Knight is a top 5 film all time for me and I can’t wait for the 3rd and final installment from Christopher Nolan. But being able to do darker cartoon movies is great. I love Batman, I think he is a fascinating character and he is a normal guy. Not a mutant or special powers. Just nice toys. I thought the story was amazing. The one complaint is I figured out Red Hood too soon. But the movie is filled with lots of action. I love the Joker! The ultimate bad guy! I liked including NightWing (the original Robin) and having him in the movie. It was weird hearing Neil Patrick Harris’s voice since I recognize it so much with Barney from How I Met Your Mother. But the movie is great. It has a feel from the Nolan series with the mob, the maniac Joker and a darker Batman. If you like Batman go rent it! 4 stars out of 5.


So what should I rent next?


Has anyone seen any of these? Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I've only seen Killers. And I'm with you, good but not great.

    We watched Grown-ups the other night and it was funny. I'm trying to think what else we've watched lately...crap. I got nothing right now. LoL If I think of any other good ones, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Killers and thought it was fun. My family and I watched Prince of Persia. I really enjoyed it. It had great action! Didn't see the batman one. A lot of movies I've watched lately have bit the big one so I don't remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prince of Persia was a pretty badass movie. I was kinda interested in seeing Killers. I am not a huge Kutcher fan though.
    My husband started a blog recently. If you're into sports, video games, or beer you might enjoy checking his blog out.
    http://ballsbeerandvideogames.blogspot.com/2010/09/booze.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following him, commented on a few. Like the picture at the top of his blog!

    ReplyDelete